At ProMat 2019 and MHI,
we are committed to protecting your privacy. Any information collected about you is used to inform you of changes, news and events on our site and in the industry.
What Information Do We Collect?
As you navigate through and interact with the ProMat 2019 website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to
collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to the ProMat 2019 website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other
communication data and the resources that you access and use on the ProMat 2019 website; and
- information about your computer equipment, software and/or internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
If you receive our email marketing material, we may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other
online services ("Behavioral Tracking").
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in
other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the ProMat 2019 website and to deliver a better and more
personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Services according to your individual interests;
- speed up your navigation; and
- recognize you when you return to the Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate
setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of websites. Unless you have adjusted your browser setting so that it will refuse
cookies, our system will issue cookies when you direct your browser to the ProMat 2019 website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the ProMat 2019 website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web
beacons (also referred to as clear GIFs, pixel tags, and single-pixel GIFs) that permit MHI, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an
email and for other related website statistics, such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
How We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present the Websites and their contents to you;
- to provide you or anyone you have selected with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to alert the official MHI housing bureau about your participation
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to MHI, the ProMat 2019 website, or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from
you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent,
if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Some content or applications, including advertisements, provided with the Services are served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content providers and
The information they collect may be associated with your Personal Information or they may collect information, including Personal Information, about your online activities over time and across
different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the
responsible provider directly. These third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving
targeted advertising from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
How does ProMat 2019 protect customer information?
We have implemented measures on the ProMat 2019 website that are designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss
and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the
security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any
privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
Will ProMat 2019 disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
ProMat 2019 does not sell, trade, or
rent your personal information to outside parties. The only exception to this rule is the information collected
when you register online for MHI trade events and with the official MHI housing bureau. This information will be shared only with exhibitors at
ProMat 2019 after the event.
Trade Event Email Opt Out Option
If you opt out of email sharing when you register, your email address will not be shared with Trade Event
exhibitors. Your email address will be included in the data you give an exhibitor when you allow them to
scan your badge on the show floor. You may miss out on important information that you would otherwise
receive by email from exhibitors, but you will still receive confirmation notices and other important business
information regarding Trade Events from MHI.
What happens to the information gathered when I register for ProMat 2019?
As a show registrant, you have indicated an interest in the products and services provided by exhibiting member companies. MHI provides information gathered from our trade show
registrations ONLY to exhibiting member companies. MHI.org may also provide aggregate statistics about our attendees, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors,
but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
MHI is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others outside of the industry.