|Date||Wednesday, April 14, 2021|
|Time||1:30 PM - 2:00 PM CDT|
1. Why do we see in the industry more and more robotic systems?
One reason is for sure the simple design of those system. So, yes one robot is very complex and sophisticated, however applied in a system with a high number of robots makes the system very reliable. The complex robot gets thoroughly tested and massively copied over and over, so the complex system gains high reliability. If on bot fails, then any other robot just takes the job over. Those systems don’t really need spare parts because it means just another robot.
2. Is it a coincidence that you see humans are getting empowered with very sophisticated tools?
I believe a machine or robot will never replace a human brain with its imagination, humor and empathy. However, I’m so happy to have access to a dishwasher, washing machine, drilling machine, a car with hundreds of horses, a laptop, a tablet and a smart phone. So, I feel very empowered with all my tools and I believe I’m very effective. So, the time is over due to do the same for operators in the warehouse. For example, an order picker should get many robots assigned to and increase her or his productivity by factor 5 and at the same time have better work conditions.
3. What does Industry 5.0 mean?
The term Industry 5.0 refers to people working alongside robots and smart machines. It’s about robots helping humans work better and faster by leveraging advanced technologies like the Internet of Things (IoT) and big data. It adds a personal human touch to the Industry 4.0 pillars of automation and efficiency.
1. Industry 5.0 is aimed at supporting – not superseding – humans
2. Industry 5.0 is about finding the optimal balance of efficiency and productivity
3. The progress of Industry 5.0 is unavoidable