The Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful execution of projects for the delivery of Oceaneering Mobile Robotics (OMR) systems, meeting project requirements within the contracted schedule and budget constraints.
Oceaneering Mobile Robotics (OMR), a division of Oceaneering International Inc. (NASDAQ: OII), produces and maintains commercial autonomous vehicles. Supporting customers worldwide, our robots utilize natural feature navigation and service the healthcare, automotive, warehouse and manufacturing markets. For more information see www.oceaneering.com/OMR
Are you interested in this job? Come by our booth S3847 and we are happy to tell you more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage projects consistent with Oceaneering values and guidelines with respect to safety, quality, and business ethics.
- Apply knowledge of project management competencies to manage the core elements of a project’s integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, communications, risks, procurement, and stakeholders to meet project requirements, demonstrating proficiency in both the knowledge and application of these skills.
- Apply knowledge of personal competencies of communication, leadership, management, cognitive abilities, effectiveness, and professionalism to lead the project team in meeting the project objectives, demonstrating proficiency in both the knowledge and application of these skills.
- Lead a diverse team of engineers (electrical, mechanical, systems, software), drafters, designers, technicians, consultants, administrative and other personnel, and assigns tasks as guided by the project plan, setting, and communicating clear expectations.
- Autonomously facilitate and operationalize projects to achieve established departmental and organizational goals, while considering all appropriate stakeholders.
- Develop and lead in project management planning including but not limited to scope identification, budget planning, resource planning, and fiscal accountability, and ongoing communication and collaboration with team members. Independently prepares written documents, delegates tasks as necessary, monitors and analyzes progress.
- Recommend sequences for actions, procurement and purchases and coordinates necessary meetings to ensure the timely delivery of products and services. Facilitate work across project teams, develop a project schedule, lead meetings to track progress, manages and mitigates project risks, troubleshoots problems as they arise, and directly manages assigned component projects and develop solutions to barriers and challenges to success to deliver projects on time, within budget and scope, and with a keen focus on effective and consistent communication.
- Support the company’s objectives of continuous improvement by reviewing, incorporating, and contributing to lessons learned, and suggesting changes to process and procedure to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of project execution.
- Work closely with the Project Engineer who is responsible for the technical system design.
- Manage the contacts and relationship with clients of Manufacturing, Automotive, and Hospital material handling logistics flow. Act as point of contact for the customer for the duration of the project.
- Coach and motivate other project team members, Lead project meetings and presentations with customers.
- Monitor the scope agreements and negotiations on additional work.
- Conduct project Kick Off meeting, communicating project plan to include baseline scope, basis of estimate, baseline budget and baseline schedule to all project team members.
- Conduct project close out.
- Master’s degree in a technical discipline required – mechanical, electrical, or manufacturing preferred.
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably as a project manager for logistics projects.
- Knowledge of logistics, Material Handling, and industrial processes.
- PMP/CAPM Certification or achieved within 3 years.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with customer representatives.
- Ability to support technical reviews of various documentation and other project deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and work independently.
- Strong skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office products
This position is Hybrid - Remote and will require commuting to a designated office. Hybrid work schedules are determined by the hiring manager based on business need.
|Sponsor||Oceaneering Mobile Robotics|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|