Coordinate, prepare and produce responses to Customer requests for proposal from start to finish. Aids in the creation and streamlining of the proposal process. Develops proposal execution schedule and ensures milestone dates are being met; will ensure timely submission of the required proposal documentation.
Reports to: Parcel Operations Manager
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Project Management or Construction Management or equivalent preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years developing and/or leading proposals preferably in the Material Handling industry (Distribution, Postal/ Parcel, etc.)
• Proven track record of leading proposal and estimating efforts.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to execute many different proposals simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Be able to work at all levels of the organization
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and possess strong organizational skills.
• Knowledge and experience with office procedures, and systems.
• Strong and effective communication, writing, and computer skills are essential.
• Must be able to independently manage a challenging workload when faced with unexpected changes in priorities and deadlines
• Ability to understanding operational flow and requirements.
• Ability to use the understanding of the Operations to design integrated material handling systems including software design.
• Ability to write a high-level functional design description considering all aspects of the solution including operations, software and equipment.
• Ability to Lead others including internal resources, vendors and Customers.
• Ability to identify roadblocks and either clear them or escalate to upper management.
• Reads and understands the requirements found within the request for proposal documentation.
• Aid in the scheduling of a kickoff meeting typical within 24 to 48 hours after RFP receipt.
• Coordinate’s proposal process, following standard procedures, including planning, review, and production of statements of qualifications and proposals.
• Manage internal and external resources to ensure received information is accordance with customer supplied documentation.
• Coordinate and/or prepare proposal and/or presentation information for submission as required.
• Prepare presentation.
• Coordinate cost estimation and completion of necessary pricing pages.
• Reviews, organizes, and edits written documentation to improve clarity.
• Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
• Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable and readable.
• Engages technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific proposal.
• Attend Opportunity Kickoff with Sales and create follow up documentation to define the goals, scope, deliverables and milestone dates for the opportunity.
• Attend weekly Applications Opportunity meeting with Upper Management and Sales to provide updates on existing Opportunities and understand changes in scope, direction and dues dates of Opportunities.
• Be single point of communications between Sales, Customer, Vendors and Internal Resources. In essence, be the “Project Manager” of the Opportunity.
• Oversee and/or generate cost estimates for proposed material handling integration projects.
• Typical documentation to be developed would include statements of technical details, productivity details, rate details, constraints and limitations, definition of scope, diagrams, flowcharts and presentation materials.
• Draft a proposed schedule inclusive of high level DMW&H and Customer tasks, deliverables and milestones.
• Supervise assigned team:
o Oversee assigned team members which can include Applications Engineer(s) and Estimator(s).
o Monitor work progress, tasks and milestones (incremental and end dates) to achieve Sales objective.
o Be accountable for the assigned resources.
|Country||United States of America|