Work independently on larger, more complex projects, in the design and development of material handling systems to fulfill contracts awarded to DMW&H from multiple outside sources. Be a Team leader to coordinate and supervise other engineers on larger projects. Interact with Applications Engineering, Controls, Project Management, Purchasing, Shop and Field on the design, procurement, and installation of the systems being designed. A Senior Project Engineer represents the Company to the customer and/or vendors when design or performance issues are involved.
Reports to: Project Engineering Manager
• Four-year degree in mechanical or industrial engineering, or, equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years of experience in the design and development of material handling systems and/or machine design.
• Must be proactive in nature, have a good mechanical aptitude, and an ability to work and manage multiple tasks at the same time.
• Required interpersonal skills include good verbal and written abilities and he/she must work well with others.
• Computer skills include Windows based operating systems and utilities, AutoCAD 2010 and all Microsoft Office Products including Microsoft Outlook.
• Travel to job sites and possible extended stays (1 day to 2 weeks) is a requirement for this position. Frequency of travel is approximately six times per year.
• Plan, organize and complete the engineering effort required for a given task to meet the project schedule and budget. Communicate the status of the engineering effort to management as required.
• Design a system to meet specifications including, but not limited to, throughput, load capacity, size range, and building clearances.
• Properly apply material handling and auxiliary equipment as needed to meet project requirements and minimize total project cost (engineering, material and installation).
• Order material and clearly communicate specifications and requirements, by task, in time to meet project needs.
• Lead and be responsible for the work of other individuals when additional work with engineers as needed.
• Maintain control of manpower usage and material expenditure to meet predefined schedule and budget constraints.
• Prepare an installation package that contains the drawings, special instruction, and other information that communicates all necessary technical information to installers/ subcontractors.
• Help project manager and installation department to plan the installation effort.
• Seek the least (total) cost and most practical solutions to system designs and technical problems considering engineering, material and installation components.
• Evaluate job site conditions when required and coordinate lists or tasks required for others.
• Prepare, maintain and archive project files, drawing lists, conveyor lists and drawings, etc.
• Review assumptions used and constraints placed on the system by Applications Engineering.
• Utilize and Develop standard procedures, designs and assemblies where possible.
• Train and develop less skilled engineers. Seek internal and external training and cross training opportunities.
• Examine installation methods and prepare procedures or other documentation to assure that equipment is installed correctly as needed.
• Provide design and installation feedback to Applications Engineering department to facilitate better budgeting and sales concepts.
• Perform any other engineering related requests Management may require.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|