Summary: The Senior Electrical Engineer will design electrical controls for complex material handling conveyor systems as they relate to automation and controls in warehouse distribution centers.
Reports to: Director Controls Engineering
• BE in Electrical Engineering.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with automation, electrical controls, PLC, AC/DC drives, power distribution and instrumentation.
• Thorough knowledge of A.C. and D.C. electrical theory.
• Experience with electrical control systems, motor controls, VFD’s Servo’s, Rockwell Allen Bradley product line including Control Logix and Compact Logix.
• Proficient in AutoCAD versions 2018, including a working knowledge of script files, Autolisp programming and Visual Basic (VBA) macros. 3D experience a plus.
• Ability to mentor entry level Electrical Engineers.
• Material handling experience a plus.
• Proficient in NEC (National Electric Code) and UL508A
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
• Handle several projects simultaneously. Good time management skills required.
• Good communications skills.
• Ability to travel 10%
• Review complex project requirements and mechanical conveyor layouts outlining specific control functions for designing the control system architecture.
• Create all electrical documentation (Device layouts, one-line diagrams, schematics, PLC layout, Electrical sub-assemblies, Ethernet and DeviceNet cabling, using AutoCAD.
• Selection and procurement of all electrical components, creation of project electrical BOM’s, purchase requisitions.
• Interface with panel fabricator for the design and implementation of control cabinets and consoles.
• Create scope of work for electrical contractors.
• Preparation of electrical sections for project maintenance manuals which include final BOM’s, recommended spare parts list and drawings lists.
• Adherence to project budgets, both material costs and engineering hours.
• Provides engineering support for field start up personnel.
• Prepare and present cost analysis for determining best course of action.
• Stay abreast of new technologies and evaluate new electrical components for improved functionality and cost effectiveness.
• Maintain and update current procedures and tools to facilitate the engineering.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|