Support the procurement of new business by way of performing technical evaluation, systems design and estimating functions. In this role, you will operate under a Solutions Consultant and be responsible for the technical content of proposals offered to our customers.
Reports to: Manager of Applications
In addition to the Qualifications and Responsibilities listed under Senior Applications Engineer (Level 1), below are the listed further requirements.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred. Other disciplines and education levels will be considered based on experience.
• Relevant work experience in a similar capacity of 7-10+ years.
• Expert in material handling system design, and cost estimating.
• Experience with writing Request for Quotations (RFQ’s).
• Experience in obtaining and evaluating competitive bids and selecting vendors. • Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to express complex concepts in plain language to reach broader audiences.
• Strong knowledge of latest versions of AutoCAD – 3D design experience preferred.
• Experience with Demo3D/Sim3D desirable.
• Expert in equipment application of three or more areas of material handling, such as but not limited to conveyor systems, shuttle systems, ASRS systems, WM/WCS/Machine level software, goods to person systems, etc.
• Ability to understand and apply solutions in three or more sales verticals; Food & Beverage, Retail, Manufacturing, 3PL, Post and Parcel.
• Fully understand and can mentor others in the ability to apply tools that exist within DMW&H, such as conveyor system rate modeling tools, etc.
• Able to write new tools for modeling of equipment.
• Working knowledge of latest releases of Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to manage direct reports.
• Ability to understand operational flow and requirements as it applies to the mechanical equipment being provided.
• Strong knowledge of Excel - including automation of spreadsheets and customization with macros.
• Ability to understand data and information needed from Customer for determination of mechanical system requirements. • Collaborate well with others in the department and across the organization.
• High motivation with capability and desire to grow within the organization.
• Understanding of financial concepts; ability to understand, analyze and create budgets.
• Report road blocks to Solutions Consultant leading the opportunity.
• Be single point of communications for Mechanical items required for the opportunity.
• Interact between Sales, Customer, Vendors and Internal Resource.
• Be able to independently represent DMW&H in front of Customer and Vendors.
• Report (on at least a weekly basis) on the progress of all opportunities assign to your assigned opportunity lead (Principle, Senior or Solutions Consultant).
• Design and illustrate client specific solutions.
• Oversee and/or generate cost estimates for proposed opportunities.
• Write all Mechanical documentation needed for the Sales process and Proposal or Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) Letter for the opportunity.
• Typical documentation would include; statements of technical details, productivity details, rate details, constraints and limitation, definition of scope, diagrams, flowcharts as required.
• Meet with new vendors to understand business terms, equipment capabilities, software functionality.
• Identify and evaluate new technologies.
• Identify and evaluate alternate suppliers and vendors.
• Supervise direct reports and/or assigned team members
- Oversee assigned team members which can include Applications Engineer(s) and Estimator(s).
- Monitor work progress, tasks and milestones (incremental and end dates) to achieve Sales objective
- Be accountable for assigned resources.
• Follow the “opportunity plan” milestones developed by the opportunity lead.
• Inform opportunity lead of any milestone meetings needed such as data review, design review, cost estimate review with all resources needed.
• Attend and contribute technical support to pre and post sales customer consultations and sales presentations.
• Attend Trade Shows representing DMW&H.
• Occasional overnight &/or travel required.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|