To be a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative and sustainable solutions protecting loading areas, while contributing to the success of our customers and partners.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Service Technician will be responsible for any installation, maintenance, and repair of POWERCHOCK at customer facilities throughout the USA.
This is a home-based position with approximately 80% of travelling within the United States. The ideal candidate will be located close to an Airport to ease travelling needs or within the following areas: Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Atlanta or New Jersey.
• Install, maintain and repair POWERCHOCK at customer facilities throughout the USA.
• Act as a technical resource for our customers, technicians and sales representatives.
• Proceed with on-site surveys and ensure training of different subcontractor teams.
• Weld onsite to install the equipment and secure brackets to mounting posts and retaining plates.
• Fabricate brackets and mounts using welders and power tools.
• Ensure a safe environment by monitoring the dock area and clearing debris, tools, and equipment from the job site.
• Responsible of service truck i.e. maintaining and ensuring it is in good working condition and clean.
• Thoroughly document all work performed and make recommendations for repairs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience servicing all types of overhead doors, loading docks, security gates and related equipment.
• Have the skills and knowledge to diagnose and repair mechanical as well as electrical issues for the latest equipment technologies in our industry.
• Reliable and hardworking.
• Demonstrated good customer service skills.
• Ability to work outdoors, and lift up to 100 pounds.
• Requires driving a company vehicle, so good driving record is required.
• Willing to travel – 80% travelling/ 20% home-office;
• Ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks/projects.
GMR SAFETY provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
|Sponsor||GMR Safety Inc.|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|