NOT JUST YOUR AVERAGE WELDING JOB!
PFlow manufactures custom vertical reciprocating conveyors (lifts that don’t carry people) that can be used in almost any industry and environment. Each lift is made to order to the customer’s specifications so, each is unique and different.
We need uniquely qualified welders who like to use their heads and hands to create our products.
Under the direction of the Fabrication Supervisor – the Welder Fitter is responsible for reading and interpreting engineering drawings and fabricating a product in a timely, cost effective and consistent manner to ensure a quality end product with a high degree of detail, to ensure external customer requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. MIG Weld steel materials up to 1” thick using .035 and .045 welding process
2. Grind materials to high finish standards
3. Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
4. Set up components for welding according to specifications
5. Align components using calipers, rulers, etc and clamp pieces
6. Ensures all finished product and documentation is accurate and complete and according to company and customer requirements
7. Keeps work environment clean, safe and positive
8. Primary focus of all business related efforts are and must remain that of promoting excellence in all PFlow products
Description of Marginal Job Functions:
1. Sets personal goals for continued learning and growth
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires education generally equivalent to a High School Diploma. A welding degree or certificate from a credited association/school is preferred
• Requires 3-5 years work experience as a welder fitter in a fast-paced, team environment. Preferably in a heavy manufacturing setting.
• Requires computer literacy and the ability to use and iPad, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) proficient
• Requires strong organizational skills, detail orientation and a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
• Requires excellent problem solving skills and the ability and desire to develop and implement practical solutions
• Requires excellent communication skills to effectively relay verbal and written information in a professional manner
• Requires self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Requires the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines while producing accurate and high quality work
• Requires basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, count and calculate
• Requires the ability to read a tape measure
• Requires the ability to understand tolerances
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crouching, crawling, twisting, bending, reaching
• Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, grasp or touch objects and tools
• Occasionally is required to talk or listen
• Occasionally lifts and or moves up to 75 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus between near and far
The employee works indoors in production environments and might occasional go outdoors. He/she may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
PFlow Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Sponsor||PFlow Industries, Inc.|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address1||6720 N. Teutonia Avenue|
|Country||United States of America|