PFlow Industries, Inc. has a great opportunity for an experienced Field Service Technician. The successful candidate will be supervising the installation of our equipment in the field and providing technical support over the phone to our customers.
Based in Milwaukee, WI, PFlow Industries is a fast paced growing company that manufactures vertical transport equipment for industrial and retail customers. The Field Service Technician position requires strong verbal and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
Travel at least 60%, most is weekday travel, home on weekends.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for support of all customers on-site and by telephone and includes supervision of installation, start-up, service and repair of the complete line of PFlow VRC (Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor) equipment, ensuring that all are done in accordance with company procedures and policies and customer requirements. Maintaining customer relationships is key as well as protecting PFlow’s reputation as the leader in VRC quality and service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
1. Travels to customer locations to oversee and assist with installation, start-up and service processes to ensure safe and accurate installation and operation of all PFlow VRC equipment on time and in accordance with company procedures and policies and customer requirements
2. Provides phone support to all customers to assist with installation, start-up, troubleshooting, repair and operation of all VRC equipment in accordance with company procedures and policies and customer requirements
3. Communicates installation, start-up and service information in a clear, concise, courteous and professional manner ensuring that all instructions are followed correctly and in accordance with company procedures
4. Ensures all safety rules are followed in all aspects of the installation, start-up and service processes
5. Performs post-project analysis and provides feedback to Service, Engineering, Sales and Operations departments regarding equipment or design revisions, component performance, project scope and customer recommendations or concerns
6. Follows all company procedures to ensure consistency and organization in all aspects of the service process to provide the best possible result
7. Alerts Product Support Manager of any concerns or issues and assists in the resolution as directed
8. Routinely performs customer follow-up to monitor project satisfaction
9. Keeps work environment clean, safe and positive
10. Primary focus of all business related efforts are and must remain that of promoting excellence in all PFlow products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate Degree in Electronic, Hydraulic or Mechanical Technology or a related discipline
• Requires at least 5 years work experience in a Field Service Technician role, preferably in a heavy equipment or material handling industry
• Requires the ability to travel 60-80% of all work time
• Requires a valid driver license in good standing
• Requires excellent customer service skills for in-person and telephonic interaction with internal and external customers at all organizational levels
• Requires the ability to exercise diplomacy and tact in all verbal and written communications
• Requires excellent problem solving skills and the ability and desire to develop, implement and communicate practical solutions
• Requires excellent communication skills to effectively relay verbal and written information in a professional manner to all levels of management, all departments and customers
• Requires the ability to read manuals, engineering drawings and schematics
• Requires computer literacy and the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) proficiently
• Requires 3+ years of experience in Allen-Bradley Micrologix installation and troubleshooting
• Requires the ability to learn and develop proficiency in M2K ERP software
• Requires strong time management and organizational skills combined with detail orientation and a high degree of accuracy in all tasks
• Requires self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a project team
• Requires the ability to handle multiple, competing priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines while producing accurate and high quality work
• Requires the ability to use basic office equipment: fax, voicemail, copier, calculator, etc.
• Requires basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, count and calculate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crouching, crawling, twisting, bending, reaching overhead, at waist level and below waist level
• Frequent use of hands to finger, handle, grasp or touch objects and tools
• Frequently is required to talk or listen
• Occasional sitting
• Frequently lifts and or moves 25 pounds
• Occasionally lifts and or moves up to 100 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus between near and far
The employee works both indoors and outdoors in office, production and customer field environments. He/she may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. He/she may work in high places.
Let PFlow be your employer of choice.
Visit us at www.pflow.com
PFlow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|Sponsor||PFlow Industries, Inc.|
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Address1||6720 N. Teutonia Avenue|
|Country||United States of America|